How can we change the world? Exactly — join us and we’ll see!
‘to understand is to know what to do’ Wittgenstein
‘I can only know what I should do if I can first answer the question: of what story, or stories, do I find myself a part?’ MacIntyre
If you follow me, you might have heard this thing called ‘systems thinking’ or ‘complexity’ or ‘cybernetics’. It’s about:
-> knowing that to do anything, we create a frame and make sense of the picture inside — how the patterns form and connect. And knowing that redrawing that frame will allow us to see differently
-> a set of core, often counterintuitive ‘laws’ which seem to illuminate aspects of *how the world really is*
This is *humbling* stuff — because it makes you realise that the world is infinitely complex and that everyone has their own unique perspective.
And it’s powerful, practical knowledge of how to work to achieve shared outcomes in complexity.
If you’d like to hang out with me and explore this, there are loads of opportunities over the next few weeks — details in the reply.
‘A cybernetician is a man who thinks about what could have happened, but did not’ Ashby
→ what is one insight that changed the way *you* saw the world?
There are FIVE chances to hang out with me cybernetically in the next few weeks — I’d be honoured if you’d join!
- NEXT WEEK — The systemic leadership summit 2021 is a pretty amazing opportunity to hear a fantastic group of speakers (and me).
Attendance is FREE on the day and you can listen back for 48 hours.
SIGN UP HERE: https://bit.ly/2LmRflf (affiliate link if you decide to get the upgraded package) #sls2021
For more background, see: https://linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6752493345236500481
- MONDAY — I’m presenting at the SCiO open meeting (free) on the ‘four quadrants of thinking threats’ you face if you enter into a powerful field link this: https://systemspractice.org/events/scio-uk-virtual-open-meeting-january-2021
For more background on the four quadrants, see https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6749960470872100864/
- Monday 25 January — our informal online systems networking, hosted by me https://systemspractice.org/events/afterwards-bar-scio-uk-january-2021
- The SERVANT LEADERSHIP SUMMIT in May — not me — but other amazing speakers https://www.servantleadershipconference.com/ — quote AntlerBoy10 to get 5% discount to you, and 5% donation to Medecins sans Frontieres.
- Monday 1 February — Systems Practice development day (£20 annual membership required) https://systemspractice.org/events/scio-uk-virtual-development-event-february-2021
- And look out for me chatting to Dov Tsal in February too!