We are now offering the Systems Thinking Practitioner Apprenticeship, with a free Q&A session on Friday 22 July from 11–12:30 — to join go to https://www.systemspractice.org/events/q-and-session-cherith-simmonsscio-systems-thinking-practitioner-apprenticeship
This is for those in management, leadership, change, and more — it’s the equivalent of a Masters degree (level 7 UK) but you don’t need a degree, just to be able to put systems thinking into practice in your work.
This is an amazing advanced level programme where you spend time learning one day a week and gain the qualification by putting your skills into practice.
Outside England, you can participate in individual courses at very reasonable prices, and achieve professional accreditation through SCiO.
If you’re in England, the programme is funded by the Apprenticeship Levy, so for big companies it is free, and for small, the government pays 95% of the cost, leaving you or your employer to fund the remaining 5% (£900).
So, what would be most interesting in your work?
Systems approaches — how to understand, diagnose, design, or develop organisational systems, social systems, economic systems.
- the Viable Systems Model — the core underlying patterns of organisation
- Critical Systems Heuristics — asking ‘who benefits’ and ‘why do we see the system this way?’
- Soft Systems — understanding human perspectives and social complexity
- understanding and using core systems laws and principles
- understanding and shaping emergent strategy
Intervention skills — how to work effectively with the approaches,
- making change happen informed by systems insight and understanding what actually works
- understanding and working with group dynamics
- managing conflict situations (CONAN technique — not the barbarian)
- gathering and using data
- having productive conversations
- using Flawless Consulting as a core approach to productive change
And you get a supportive, coached learning group.
If you’re not sure, come along and ask!